REPORTING TO: ANALYST TRANSACTION MONITORING
Support implementation, and enhancement of AML, CFT, Sanctions, and Fraud Transaction Monitoring programs and processes. Responsible for alert review, investigations, disposition, and escalation, in accordance with the AML Act and applicable AML/CFT statutes, rules, and regulations.
- Support the implementation of an effective AML Transaction Monitoring alert analysis and suspicious activity investigations program to ensure compliance with relevant AML/Sanctions laws and regulations.
- Maintain a current understanding of TM procedures, relevant policies, and industry best practices to support the timely identification of AML/CFT/Sanctions & Fraud Risks.
- Review systems-generated alerts, assess the impact on AML processes, conduct research as required, and document results in written format.
- Monitor potentially suspicious patterns of activity and recommend changes to rules, parameters, and thresholds maintained within the transaction monitoring system to ensure its continued effectiveness.
- Support the design and implement Transaction Monitoring techniques to support the identification of risks around Money laundering, Terrorism Financing, Economic Sanctions, Fraud, and Operational risks consistent with the bank’s Financial Crime Compliance Risk Governance Framework.
- Ensure that detected information regarding AML & Sanctions violations are effectively communicated to the Head of Compliance & Governance (MLRO) in a timely manner per agreed SLAs.
- Provide regular reports and communication on the status and health of the AML Transaction Monitoring alert analysis and suspicious activity investigations program.
- Ensure a strong operational understanding of TM screening systems and the ability to propose changes to support functional requirements gathering in cases of a need for a systems upgrade.
- Oversee and ensure the production of timely and effective AML Transaction Monitoring-related management information (“MI”) and other applicable information to the Head of Compliance & Governance.
- Design and implement strategies to address increases in alert volume by enhancing the effectiveness and efficiency of alert reviews while maintaining the ability to address risk.
- As necessary, use independent judgement and available research tools (public internet sources as well as third-party sites) to identify information concerning transactions identified for further investigation.
- Review Payment and Name screening Alerts to identify potential sanction Matches and escalate the same to the Head of Compliance & Governance (MLRO).
- Assist with the preparation of departmental Management information reports
- Provide advice and support to the Bank’s business units on the identification of areas of risk as a result of transaction monitoring trends.
EDUCATION EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, risk management, law, information technology or a related field
- At least 3 Years’ experience as an AML investigator in a transaction monitoring capacity or equivalent experience.
- Ability to identify, escalate and communicate issues to management in an effective and succinct manner.
- Strong knowledge of AML laws & Sanctions regulations and their application.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills and capability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Excellent written, and verbal communication, and analytical skills
- Holder of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) certification, or intention to pursue within six months in the position.
- Expert knowledge of AML Transaction Monitoring systems, analytical and investigative processes, and reporting requirements.
Method of Application
To apply for this job please visit career2.successfactors.eu.