At Pula, we are radically restructuring agricultural insurance, using technology to insure the previously unbanked, uninsured, untapped market of 1.5 billion smallholders worldwide.
We work in over 17 countries across Africa and Asia, and by 2021, we have facilitated crop insurance cover to over 5.3 million farmers across Kenya, India, Rwanda, Uganda, Nigeria, Mali, Senegal, Zambia, Ethiopia, Madagascar, Tanzania, and Malawi. Since raising our Series A our operations have expanded globally including now Asia and Latin America.
Pula is a fast-paced space, constantly adapting to new opportunities and challenges and we are made up of a high-performance, multi-cultural team. We expect our team to value performance, results and professionalism.
At Pula, our values are:
- Obsessed with results: We are responsible for our future and therefore we get things done!
- Connect the Dots: We continuously identify different customer needs & business problems and build solutions that deliver value.
- Have a Can do Attitude! We dare to do things differently to make things work.
- We have each others’ back: We look out for each other & we share high quality, timely feedback that makes us better.
What you will be doing
Pula is seeking an experienced, motivated and energetic person to fill in a vacant position of a Call Centre Coordinator to be based in Tanzania. This is a challenging role and requires a results-oriented person with a positive attitude, Excellent organization, and Communication Skills. and The candidate will be required to perform the following duties:
- Participate in Weekly Calls with HQ and provide timely updates and priorities
- Ensure systems are running smoothly between Call Centre, PULA HQ team, and Field team
- Create and continually improve call centre scripts, FAQ lists, and escalation procedures
- Build relationships with staff and Clients
- Update task tracking using Google Documents, WhatsApp, and other Software as requested.
- Submit daily and Weekly KPIs as requested
- Creating budgets and tracking expenses
- Lead Implementation of Surveys
- Write end-of-project reports.
- Support with any challenges related to registration and claims processing
- Set targets for the support desk agents and make sure that action plans are completed.
- Proactively identifying and resolving problems
- Support a team of 3 to 5 or More Support desk agents where necessary
- Hire, train, coach and motivate support desk agents to provide high-quality customer service.
- Support desk performance management
- Any other duties assigned from time to time.
What you will need to be successful
- Diploma/Degree in Customer Engagement, Business Management, Marketing, or IT, those with a good understanding of call centre technology will have an added advantage.
- Experience with working in data-rich settings with high analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills–both in-person and when using remote methods
- Excellent Multitasking, time management, and leadership skills
- Work experience with Customer Service roles.
- Prior experience in managerial Position
- Strong problem-solving ability and analytical skills
What Pula will bring to the table
- Growth potential: With an untapped market of 1.5 billion smallholders worldwide, on track to doubling the number of farmers insured in 2021 and Pula’s global leadership in Agriculture Insurance, the Commercial Director has a tremendous upside growth potential.
- Market Leader: Not only is the opportunity massive, but Pula is by far the market leader in it’s category with 5.3m farmers insured as at the end of 2021.
- Solid: Pula has been funded by leading venture capital investors (Omidyar Network, ACCION, MercyCorps) and global philanthropic institutions (MasterCard Foundation, CGAP/World Bank as well as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation). Pula closed a $6m series A funding in December 2020 in the right in middle of the pandemic a clear testimony of the opportunity that Pula is going after.
- Respected: Winner of the Singapore FinTech Festival 2019, Winner of The InsureTech of the Award, Africa. Featured on TED talks, The New York Times, The Economist.
- Impact and creation: This is a high-impact role, reporting to the CEO and Co-Founder, that offers a unique opportunity to bring the company to the next level, whilst developing new strategies, approaches and ideas.
- Leadership: The founders & CEO foster a culture of transparency, respect, high performance, pragmatism, execution and personal development.
- Purpose: It is rare to find a professional opportunity that offers accelerated professional development and a life purpose. Pula is going through a second phase of accelerated growth that will naturally provide professional development, whilst contributing to the financial stability of small farmers in the emerging markets.
- Remuneration: Competitive base salary accordingly with seniority and experience, commission on closed sales and an employee share option plan that offers an attractive equity upside.
To learn more about Pula you can visit
- TED Talk: Crop Insurance, an Idea Worth Seeding
- New York Times: He Grew up on a Farm. Now, He Helps Protect Them
- The Economist: The Poor, Who Most Need Insurance, Are Least Likely to Have It
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume in English.
Cover letters are optional. You can add one if there is any additional information you would like to share about your interest in Pula, the role or your experience. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Pula’s mission is to provide farmer resilience. To achieve this, we put our small holder farmers that use our services and the employees that provide them at the heart of everything we do. For that purpose, Pula was created to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply for this job please visit boards.eu.greenhouse.io.