Geita Gold Mining Ltd
Company: Geita Gold Mining Ltd
Job type: Full-Time
Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania – Geita Gold Mining Ltd Jobs in Tanzania
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Coordinator 1 – Training – Dump Truck
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified Time
Reporting to: Underground Mining – Training Specialist
Number of Positions: One (01)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To develop the professional capabilities of Haul Truck and Ancillaries operators at GGM within the context of training, coaching and assessment, then to provide on-the-job training and coaching to Underground Shift Bosses and Shift Trainers regarding the guidance and management of equipment operators within a set of safety and training standards.
- Certificate of Secondary School Education,
- NIT or VETA Certificates in Mechanical Engineering Field
- Training Certification -ToT.
- A recognized mining equipment training certificate/ experience.
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Extensive experience in Mining Training Discipline Minimum (6 years and above) with proven track record and exposure to Mining Safety and Trucks & Ancillaries and Simulator Equipment Operations such as Cat trucks etc
- Experience of mining practices and efficient operations equipment.
- Driving licence is mandatory with class D&E, A multi-skilled mine equipment operator / trainer preferred.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Ensure training resources are effectively utilized
- Ensure effective transfer of skills and knowledge to Equipment Operators (National Haul Truck, Grader, Normet, Simulator Equipment’s & UG Services) following the set development plans.
- Develop and review comprehensive training modules for a wide range of underground mine equipment to be used for training Tanzanian equipment operators to meet business standards.
- Enforce the company Training calendar along with underground Training Matrix schedule.
- Prepare bi-annual training report on the progress of the identified national successors on-the-job development.
- Abide by Training Golden Roles and Ethical behaviour
- Coordinate and administer Haul Truck and Ancillaries equipment Operation Training Solutions as per available training Matrix
- To help new and less experienced colleagues to become more multi skilled to develop their own careers
- Develop training programs and monitoring systems to ensure the health of the underground Loading discipline
- Maintain cross functional relationship with all stakeholders
- Strong agility to individual multiskilling developed plan.
- Be able to timely adopt/learn and train other trainings as per the business needs
- Flexible to provide training sessions to meet the needs from different stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups
- Well spoken and written English
- Facilitation skills.
- Team working skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Must have good written and oral communication skills in English Language
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.