• Is responsible for creating a statistical forecast in the tool selected for this purpose by the company. This must be done in such a manner that forecast accuracy is continuously improved.
• Liaises with sales and marketing functions to collect their business intelligence inputs for the sales forecast on time for the monthly Demand Review Meeting
• Supports the Planning Manager during the Demand Review Meeting, where the unconstrained demand plan is finalized.
• Provides reports on month-to-month forecast accuracy and stability.
• Effective coordination with Supply planners to ensure the availability of finished goods.
• Support the ALAF Head of Business Development in Sales and Operations. Planning meetings, and finding optimal solutions to potentially conflicting priorities of Sales and Production departments.
• Keep all stakeholders informed on progress against agreed plans.
• Liaise with department managers throughout ALAF to ascertain actual inventories and constraints as well as future goods flows of each department, to ensure that planning outputs are accurate, realistic, and relevant at all times.
• Align and develop S&OP Plan with BPP objectives and Sales forecast volumes.
• Expand the S&OP process to include tactical planning for at least the quarter period.
• Support the planning of the introduction of New Products from successful launch until product retirement.
• Manage and plan minimum stock balances to ensure supplier lead times and stock holding policies are maintained to avoid any stock outs.
• Ensure the SAP system is working in line with the Sales volumes and re-order points to avoid any stock-out situation.
• Adherence to the production plan is tracked and monitored improvements.
• Clearly communicate constraints that will affect customer delivery dates.
• Establish a well-maintained Master Data system and develop & implement technological solutions to translate demand inputs to supply.
• Adhere to Company standards and policies in addition to all regulatory requirements.
• Support and implement Company initiatives to achieve performance, quality, and safety metrics.
• Contribute to periodic departmental and company planning and budgeting cycles including the annual Business Plan Process (BPP)
• Select, evaluate, and develop department employees, following general HR policies.
• Evaluate the training needs of all staff reporting to the position and ensure appropriate plans are in place.
• Proactively monitor departmental operational and financial performance and develop personal and departmental action plans to achieve targets set for the department.
• Actively support the BU management team in implementing BU- and company-wide policies/procedures and action plans
• Collaborate with Planning managers of other Safal group companies on sharing best practices and improving performance.
• Ensure the safeguarding and security of Company assets.
a. Budgetary responsibility:
• Making sure that Office assets & equipment are efficiently used.
b. Decision Making/Job influence:
• Participate in Job interviews for departmental recruits.
c. Working conditions:
• Working environment requires that the Demand Planner and all his/her Team wear PPEs all the time for safety reasons.
• Office bound / on-site / travel/ May be required to travel.
• The company may choose to relocate to branches or other sister offices as and when needed.
• Willing to work extended hours to accomplish job roles.
• General work experience (years): 10+ years based in Supply Chain
• Specific to the position (level/discipline/years): 5 years in a similar role • Industry: Manufacturing, Consumer goods
• End user of ERP System is Must – SAP ERP System preferably.
• Preferred if having exposure to Planning tools like SAP 4HANA, Kinaxis – Rapid Response, O9 Solutions, etc.
• Well conversant with MS – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook
Work Level Senior
Job Type Contract
Salary Market Related
Duration 3 Years
EE Position No
Location Dar es Salaam
To apply for this job please visit safal.mcidirecthire.com.