Sustainable Environment Management Action (SEMA)
Sustainable Environment Management Action (SEMA) is a nongovernment organization which set out to fight poverty through improving Health and Nutrition status, Inclusive quality Education, WASH services, Good Governance and Leadership, Institutional development, Climate Change (Mitigation and adaptation), Agricultural productivity and Environmental Management and Conservation in the rural areas of the poor and marginalized communities.
SEMA in partnership with Stromme Foundation (SF) is implementing the Enhanced Livelihoods through Commercial Agricultural Production (ELCAP) Project in three districts (Ikungi, Iramba and Manyoni) in Singida region, Tanzania. The project overall goal is to sustainably improve the livelihoods of small-scale farmers and their households by increasing food security, enhancing income generating opportunities and creating jobs.
Title : HR and Admin Officer
Employment type : Fulltime
Location : Singida Region, Tanzania
Duration : 1-year renewable
The Human Resources Officer will support HR strategic priorities and also provide ongoing HR support to the SEMA offices for effective delivery of human resource services and functions. These include developing and designing strategies to deliver HR objectives, providing human resource support in recruitment, performance management, HR administration, and employee relations, ensuring compliance with Tanzanian labour laws and implementing initiatives in accordance with SEMA policies.
- Facilitate recruitment process by preparing advertisements for vacant positions, short listing candidates as per the required qualifications, call candidates for interviews, notifying successful candidates, performing background checks / pre-employment screening of all successful candidates
- Make a follow up on performance management by ensuring all employees’ performance appraisal forms are filed in the employee’s personal files
- Lead the planning and implementation of the orientation of newly recruited staff.
- Monitor the administration of staff benefits and welfares (NSSF, NHIF etc)
- Ensure maintenance of up-to-date employee records in both electronic and hard copy files and ensure the files are complete and all required documentation is maintained in a confidential and secure manner.
- Manage staff training and development including identifying skills gaps and developing training plan to compliment both the needs of SEMA and the needs of the employees
- Maintain the administration of HR Policies, addressing staff grievances and in handling disciplinary issues
- Support the staff welfare initiatives and all employee relations programs or events e.g., staff retreats and meetings.
- Maintain follow-up with staff and managers with submission of various documents required due to HR periodical processes Updated CV, Biodata forms etc.
- Oversee the engagement of consultants and specific task agreements personnel by ensuring all laid down procedures and policies are adhered to and that the database and agreements are up to date and filled accordingly.
- Plan and oversee staff onboarding, transitioning and during staff exiting.
- Reviews and makes recommendations for improvement of organizational policies, procedures, and practices on HR matters
- Managing the payroll function and ensure Monthly Approval of timesheets.
- Other official duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Human Resources Management, LLB Degree or Business Administration majoring Human Resources Management.
- Minimum 2-3 years relevant experience
- Good knowledge of the Tanzanian labour laws
- Good computer skills particularly the use of Human Resources Information Systems
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to multitask
- Be of high integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Passion and desire to work with people at different levels and cultures
Method of Application
Please indicate the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email. Applications should also include an up-to- date CV with three contactable professional references, academic certificates and a cover letter (with the address given below) Applications, which do NOT include ALL of these elements, will NOT be considered.
General Manager, Sustainable Environment Management Action 23BR.TUMUA P.0. Box 365, 43101, Singida, Tanzania.
All applications should be sent through email: email@example.com Electronics applications are highly encouraged. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The closing date for applications is Sunday 16th April 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
SEMA is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity, and diversity. Persons with disabilities and other minority groups are encouraged to apply
Note: We DO NOT charge any application fee nor entertain any meetings or telephone calls. If shortlisted, you will get an official call/ mail from our office and receive the required steps.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org