- Company: NIMR Mbeya
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mbeya Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) is a Parastatal Organization established by an Act of Parliament No. 23 of 1979 (CAP.59, R.E.2002) and became operational in 1980. NIMR Mbeya Medical Research Centre (MMRC) is one of the NIMR Centres located in Mbeya. The Centre is currently conducting research on HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs) as well as other diseases of public health importance. The National Institute for Medical Research is looking for the qualified, experienced and well-motivated personnel to fill vacant position whose duty station will be in Mbeya City.
JOB POSITION: NURSING OFFICER (2 POSTS)
Candidate shall be responsible for coordinating and administering all aspects of Clinical Trial activities for assigned project(s) with respect to managing and conducting research activities such as collecting data, informing participants about study objectives and administering questionnaire as per the Good Clinical Practice (GCP). Managing protocol related documents, project plans, timeline management, quality standards, risk mitigation and others while implementing research activities. Furthermore, he/she will be responsible for conducting and disseminating scientifically and ethically sound health research that addresses the national health priorities to alleviate health problems for scientific advancement and human wellbeing.
The Nursing Officer will report and work under the Head of TB & Emerging Diseases Research.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
i To provide high quality nursing care using appropriate nursing process;
ii To assess patient’s condition, plan, implement, document and evaluate individualized care using appropriate nursing model and according to the Institute nursing policy;
iii To ensure all drugs and other treatments are given to the patients as prescribed and observe any adverse condition;
iv To maintain a professional friendly atmosphere and create a dignified environment;
v To follow Institute policy in respect of custody and administration of all drugs, with special observation to Dangerous Drugs Act (DDA);
vi To maintain personal contact with patients, their relatives and visitors to enhance the patient’s quality of life, dignity and the good standing of the Institute;
vii To ensure the safe care and custody of patients property in accordance with the Institute policy;
viiiTo report any accident/incident, loss or theft to immediate Supervisor and complete necessary statements promptly;
ix To maintain Health and Safety at work by ensuring that infection prevention and control principles are followed; and
x To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCES:
· Holder of Bachelor Degree in Nursing, Midwifery or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
· A minimum of one (1) year working experience with research organization or research institution;
· A valid professional license from the Tanzania Nurses and Midwives Council.
· A candidate must have a thorough knowledge of clinical research concepts, practices, and regulatory and ICH GCP Guidelines regarding drug or vaccine development phases, clinical research and data management methods;
· Able to work under pressure and multi-tasking settings with a high level of integrity;
· Strong language skills, fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili including presentation skills;
· Good analytical skills and ability to understand complex subjects, extract and communicate relevant information from data and documents;
· Ability to prepare report using MS Office software, for internal and stakeholders’ communication;
· Excellent organizational skills with the ability to organize time appropriately and effectively;
· Self-motivated; able to work independently under minimal supervision to complete tasks and respond to appropriate project authority requests and to collaborate with others;
· A team player with a strong organization, planning with ability to prioritize tasks for both self and team to meet requirements and deadlines.
The applicant should be a Tanzanian below 45 years old.
TERMS: One (1) year contract which may be renewed by mutual agreement bases of performance and availability of funds.
Method of Application
All applications should be enclosed with certified copies of relevant certificates, detailed curriculum vitae and names of at least two reliable referees.
Applicants are required to submit their applications not later than two weeks after the first appearance of this advert.
Applicants are also reminded to indicate reliable day time contact information.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
In case you do not hear from us in two weeks’ time after the closing date consider yourself unsuccessful.
In your application letter use the address below: THE CENTRE MANAGER, NIMR – MBEYA MEDICAL RESEARCH CENTRE, P.O. BOX 2410, MBEYA, TANZANIA. Please Use the Link Below to apply, we do not accept the hard copy or email submission. Deadline of submission is 11st April, 2023
To apply for this job please visit jobapplication.mbeya.nimr-mmrc.org.