Ifakara Health Institute (IHI)
IHI – Ifakara Health Institute (IHI)
Position: Research Officer (1 Post)
Reports To: Project Leader
Work Station: Bagamoyo
Apply By: April 17th 2023
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research, service delivery and policy translation.
Ifakara is seeking a qualified and experienced Research Officer. The Officer will coordinate the study implementation in the field to ensure that the implementation of the project is attained as per project expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure study nets are labeled and all study materials are prepared before the field activities start.
- Act as the primary person of contact between the community and the project team, hence demonstrate a positive image for the institution at all times when working with the community.
- Ensure the villager and leaders understand the project objectives and work with them to implement the study in their areas.
- Lead household enrollment and conduct household surveys during the study period.
- Ensure data collected are clean and free from error before uploading to the IHI server.
- Work with Field Interviewers to correct entry errors before data are sent to the share point.
- Provide feedback to the Project Leader weekly to ensure progress is in line with the implementation plan.
- Ensure project equipment such as tablets and data forms are safely stored away from any form of risks such as damage or theft.
- Inspect data from all field data collectors on a daily basis to ensure no entry errors.
- Work with community leaders to ensure the project is accepted by the community members.
- Assist in writing the final study report and ensure that the data are collected timely.
- Coordinating between the Field Interviewers and the Project Leader or Administration office in Bagamoyo.
- Conducting image collection and segmentation as delegated by the Project Leader.
- Present project progress in weekly project meetings as necessary.
Qualification and Experience
• Bachelor of Science in Applied Geology, Geography or related field with at least three (3) years of relevant experience.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent communication skills both in English and Kiswahili.
- Knowledge of working with Excel and Microsoft Word
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience leading field research teams at a regional level.
- Strong team player, high interpersonal skills and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible to work on multiple projects with minimum supervision.
- Adhere to IHI core values (Transparency, Responsibility, Integrity, Respect and Initiative).
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Monday, April 17th, 2023. All e-mail application subject lines should include: RESEARCH OFFICER – ViaLLIN. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com