- Company: Geita Gold Mining Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Geita
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania – Geita Gold Mining Ltd Jobs in Tanzania
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Supervisor – UG Engineering
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified Time Contract
Reporting to: Supervisor Underground Mining
Number of Positions: One (01)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To assist the underground mechanics team plus working very closely with experts in all aspects of effective Facilities Maintenance at the UG HME department. Should also be responsible to help successful delivery of the planned maintenance regime, fulfilling its statutory obligations, whilst providing a breakdown reactive response harmonizing both customers and organizational requirements.
- Diploma/Full Technical Certificate in Mechanical/Automotive Engineering.
- VETA Trade Test Certificate Grade One/Level Three in Mechanical Engineering.
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- At least five (5) working experience in mechanical or automotive engineering.
- Driving experience and competency in UG & Surface Mining Environment.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Good awareness and ability to manage safety, health, and environmental aspects in the workplace.
- Be able to ensure the shift handover is done in a technical professional for the incoming shift.
- Shift report must be well managed from start to end of shift in a daily basis.
- Participates in the selection, training, supervision, and evaluation of assigned staff; participates in the establishment of performance requirements and personal development targets and provides technical assistance and advice to assigned staff.
- Provides day-to-day leadership and works with staff to ensure a high performance, customer service-oriented work environment which supports achieving the department’s strategic plan, objectives, and values.
- Assists with the development and administration of the department’s annual budget; directs the forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, consultants, contractors, equipment, materials, and supplies; directs the monitoring of and approves expenditures; directs and implements adjustments as necessary to meet changing conditions.
- Schedules training with vendor technicians for maintenance and troubleshooting for a variety of pumps, pumping mechanisms, and related equipment and appurtenances.
- Works well with all stakeholders, co-operating and coordinating works to ensure that all equipment are optimized and running efficiently.
- Responds promptly to all breakdowns, ensuring that equipment is returned effectively to production, whilst causing minimum disruption to its continuity and without compromising product quality or safety.
- Carries out planned maintenance activities in line with maintenance schedules and helps to develop and maintain schedules in line with requirements.
- Ensures that all equipment processes are fully compliant with organizational and legislative health and safety requirements.
- Should be competent to carry out small to medium sized mechanically based project works’ machine rebuild.
- Ensure all safety concerns are being shared and reported timely and actions are executed/closed.
- Ensure the Supervision is most effective to obtain proper maintenance to meet our target KPI.
- Ensure all mechanics are coming to work as per their roster and disciplinary actions are taken against absenteeism.
- Ensure he/she always maintain an effective communication to upper levels of management.
- Ensure mechanics are arriving at work on time and even during lunch time.
- Be able to coach and train the subordinates based on the daily activities.
- Performing checks and tests to verify the success of repair work.
- Supports and promotes the application of continuous improvement principles in the oversight of operations within the business unit.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of best practice in unit work processes and supports the philosophy of continuous improvement.
- Develops and monitors team and individual performance measures, ensuring that they align with District’s Strategic and Operational Plans.
- Ensures a thorough understanding of the Strategic Planning Cycle and participates in its development and deployment.
- Sound knowledge on health, safety and Environmental issues and procedures
- Must be able to work with minimum Supervision
- Demonstrate good commitment to deriver
- Ability to work under pressure
- Must be physical and mentally fit.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills Problem-solving skills
- Computer literacy.
- Excellent planning and leadership abilities.
- Strong technical knowledge of all building systems (electrical, heating etc.)
- Knowledge of health & safety practices and regulations
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.