WATU is a focus-driven, customer-centric company that believes everyone deserves the opportunity to be an entrepreneur and achieve their ambitious goals in life.
As Africa’s fastest growing Asset Finance Company, we see the continent’s bright and prosperous future and want to be part of making it a reality.
Our vision is to provide asset financing for motorcycles and three-wheelers to those who understand when provided with the right tools that can fulfill their dreams and the needs of their families and community.
We Empower Entrepreneurs by providing the means needed to move and improve lives.
Our business is growing rapidly, and with more than 10,000 customers in Tanzania, we are looking for an enthusiastic Training and Development Officer in Dar es Salaam. We are looking for doers who are ready to roll up their sleeves and with their hard work and dedication create the impact needed in our communities.
Do you want to become a part of our ambitious and creative team of smart individuals and make a difference and you have what it takes? Then read on and apply for this exciting opportunity!
As a Training and Development Officer, you will be responsible for the day-to-day activities of managing and coordinating overall planning and execution of training and development programs, and fully participate in the human resources department in aiding the daily activities of the function.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with day-to-day operations of the HR functions and duties in the organization
- Conducts needs analysis and research relative to new training and staff development programs for departmental application; conducts periodic needs assessment surveys to determine need for and scope of programs at all employee levels.
- Confers with departmental managers, seniors and supervisors regarding performance based objectives by identifying work situations that may require preventive or remedial training for employees and determining the contributory value of training and development programs in attaining these objectives.
- Deal with employees requests regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations on a daily basis.
- Develops a formal Comprehensive Training Plan based on a training needs analysis or needs assessment.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates the overall training and development programs within the framework of the department’s formal Comprehensive Training Plan.
- Reviews employee classifications including the knowledge, skills and abilities and ensures that the training plan meets the technical and supervisory needs of the department and are aligned with the department’s strategic plan, and mission statement.
- Documents all technical and leadership training that is provided throughout the department.
- Confers with employees in other departments regarding training programs being developed and offered interdependently for maximum cost effectiveness considerations and the meeting of multi-departmental performance objectives.
- Understand the operations, functions, and staffing of the department.
- Performs related work as required by the management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource or any related field
- 2 to 3 years experience as an employee trainer, a training coordinator, a training administrator, a training consultant, or as an human resources professional or assistant, which has included designing and conducting employee training and development programs.
- Current trends, developments and theories in organizational development and training
- Build training content, develop lesson plans, and create effective training guides
- Excellent communication skills, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills
- Computer applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel and other software applications as required by job assignment
- Integrity, enthusiasm and passion for continuous learning and development
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Be a part of an international, dynamic and driven team that has set their aspirations high and work hard to achieve those
- Opportunities to learn and grow together with us
- Competitive compensation package
- Health benefits
To apply for this job please visit watu.applytojob.com.